The Reader by M.K. Harkins [eARC]

Ranking: 
Title: The Reader
Author: M.K. Harkins
Publication Date: August 25, 2016
Hunted, shot, and without her memory, eighteen-year-old Ann Baker wakes in shallow water on a deserted Pacific Northwest island. She is soon approached by two young men claiming to be her friends. Something isn’t right, but when gunshots sound, Ann is left with little choice but to allow Devon and Archer to help her escape. Soon she finds herself in their North Bend mountain compound, where the higher evolved humans claim to be mind-readers. While Ann heals, she realizes they believe her to be one of the last and most powerful of all – The Lost One.

She’s welcomed by most with opened arms, but not everyone is happy about her arrival. A jealous adversary has plans for Ann, which spirals the entire Reader community into chaos.

As lies, murder, and betrayal threaten to rip apart the once harmonious mountain dwellers, Ann is thrust into making a decision that could save or devastate not only The Readers, but all of mankind. But there’s just one glitch: by doing so it may require her to make the ultimate sacrifice.

I received a free advance digital copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

First, I wanted to say that I really loved the cover of this book. Maybe it is one of the reason why picked up this book. But I am a little disappointed after a few chapters. I find the story incredibly flat. The exchange of conversation between the characters are a little bit annoying. It feels like I'm reading a rehearsal script. The Romance is so predictable. Although the story has a fast paced plot, it just didn't hyped me up the way I expected it to. And after finishing it, I felt like the ending was poorly constructed.

But anyway, this book is still good to try. It may not be too good for my liking but it has fast paced story.


0 comments:

Post a Comment