The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

Ranking: 
Title: The Forever Song
Series: Blood of Eden, #3
Author: Julie Kagawa
Published Date: April 15, 2014
Vengeance will be hers.

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

Monster.

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions - her creator Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost - the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, her triumph will be short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.

THE FINAL HUNT IS ON.

In my past review, I mentioned how I saw Kanin as a father figure to Allie and Jackal. {spoiler alert} And it just broke my heart to see him die in this final book. But I guess I am happy for him too. I also like how Jackal tends to be a charming character after all after the second book, and I love her more in this book. I wish he have a spin off story too. *fingers cross*

So first I wanted to say how I hate how this book tends to have A LOT of drama. I understand Allie's struggles, well she lost Zeke, but the chapters where she lost herself because of what happened with Zeke is just so boring and long. There are too much angst on Allie's part. I think this is the only downfall for me on this book.

But there are actually some things I also like in this book. First is the bloody and gory action scenes in some chapters and at the few chapters of the book. There are some horrific details I can't imagine that works for me. Second, Zeke is alive. I am really not into sad endings where someone dies. So yeah, I'm happy that he was actually alive. Although its a little bit obvious in the ending of the second book.

Overall, Kagawa still managed to craft a nice ending for the characters. So I still like it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment