False Idols by Alexis Grove [eARC]

Ranking: 
Title: False Idols
Series: Aeon, #1
Author: Alexis Grove
Published:  April 5, 2015
In the year 2047 neural implants have given a small slice of the population superhuman abilities. Are these Aeons brilliant humanitarians dedicated to saving civilization, or venal psychopaths bent on its destruction?

When Sarah Fenton is recruited out of her orphanage into a mysterious government program, this question becomes her mission. Answering it incorrectly could spell the end of the human race.

Her only path to the truth lies in beguiling an Aeon named Nick Lal, the reclusive scion of one of the planet’s wealthiest families. Even as she realizes she’s falling in love with him, she begins to fear that he is not as innocent as he appears.

As famine and religious strife threaten to push the nation into a three-way civil war, Sarah’s time runs short. Will she be wily enough to choose correctly and save the world?

False Idols is the fast paced first novel in the Aeon trilogy by Alexis Grove.

An eARC of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review.

This book is a YA Dystopian plotted story. Although there are gripping scenes, this book didn't refrain to give me a headache from the beginning until the end. It was so techy I actually don't know what was happening. Or what are the things being described in this book. What I can only grasp is that maybe it was like Matrix? Remember the movie? I dunno. That is the only way I can continue reading this without loosing my mind. It was actually fast paced, and maybe that is one of the Pros of this book, there are a lot of things going on I just can't keep up. Not to mention the constant  shift of the POV from the characters. I was actually barely hanging I just wanted the book to be over with. Its just not my cup of tea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment