Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

Ranking: 
Title: The Immortal Rules
Series: Blood of Eden, #2
Author: Julie Kagawa
Published Date: April 30, 2013

In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever—and possibly end human and vampire existence.

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago—and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time.

Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make.

For starters, I was torn between giving this book a 4 stars or 5 stars. But after getting in the last few chapters of the book, I've realized that perhaps 5 stars is fairly enough to describe how incredibly the book ended. Yes, It was a cliffhanger, sort of like you kept thinking what happened but you have this nagging feeling you know deep inside you what become of him (Zeke). Come on! I know you are thinking the same thing as I am.
Hmmmm...

Well, enough of that. First is I wanted to praise how Julie was able to change my feeling towards Jackal in this book. In the first sequel, I know that some of the readers had felt the same loathing and rage I actually felt for him after what he did with Darren. But I am starting to see him on a new angle. He is perfectly a complete pain in the ass yet cunning and has a lot of sense of humor. I just love how he always pushed Allie over the edge. With his smart remarks, I am starting to consider that he might care for humans afterall. His presence this book definitely gave the story a lot more depth. The chapters to be more exciting with him in it if you ask me.

In this book the readers will be amazed on how characters tend to widen in this sequel. Aside from the Vampires and Rabids, Julie had introduced us into the world of Mole men and Bleeders. I would not mention how they become as what they are, the book will definitely tell you that. After reading this book I was thinking how insane this post-apocalyptic world had become. There are some gruesome scenes on it. I m having a hard time to imagine how hard it is to survivebeing a human. Not to mention a Psychopath  vampire Sarren who is hell bent on wiping out all whats left.
If you hate Sarren in this book, I think there is a number one candidate for you on the list of LUNATIC HALL OF FAME. And his name is Stick. The motherf*****g idiot, incompetent, back stabbing and ungrateful Stick. Argh! Congratulations Julie! You just made a perfect character to detest. I really hate him, all his insecurities and tantrums towards Allie are well out of the line. After this book I am definitely convinced that the motherf**** has PPD (Paranoid Personality Disorder). ARGH!

Anyway, I greatly enjoyed the execution of the story's flow. The story’s pacing was so hyped in different level that I couldn’t bring myself to put the book down. There was enough gruesome action scenes to keep me happy and contented.


0 comments:

Post a Comment