Slow Dance in Purgatory by Amy Harmon [Book Review]

Ranking:
Title: Slow Dance in Purgatory
Series:  Purgatory , #1
Author: Amy Harmon
Published: April 2, 2012

Orphaned from the age of ten, 17-year-old Maggie finally finds a permanent home with her elderly aunt in a small Texas town. Working part-time at the local high school, she becomes enmeshed in a fifty-year-old unsolved mystery where nothing is as it seems. Who is the boy no one else can see? And what do you do when you fall in love with a ghost? This volatile and mismatched romance is doomed from its start, as Maggie struggles to hold on to yet another life destined to be taken from her. Secret love and hushed affections are constantly threatened by outside forces resulting in a terrifying race to stay alive.

'Slow Dance in Purgatory' captures the heart-ache of a love story where there can be no happy ending...
This is my first book from Amy Harmon. And I was not disappointed at all. I can't really explain how much this book brought out every emotions in me; happiness, love, distraught, anger, confusion name it, its all in here. The story is so unique that at first I really don't know what this book is really about. And boy, just how the book ended gave me jitters and goosebumps.

At first I thought the story is a typical girl-fell-in-love-with-a-ghost kind of book. But NO. This book is definitely a BLAST. This is one of those rare books that hooked me up with those first 5 paragraphs and its very difficult to put down! It was dark, mysterious, tragic and confusing. I was already starting to ask myself how this book will end. And I am so eager to dive in right away in the middle of the story so I did sneak in some of the chapters. *Grinning*

Really, I can't explain and sort my feelings after reading this book. And can't even explain my eagerness to look for this book in my local bookstore and be added with my collection.

And now I'm really ready to dive in with the second book. I might see myself reading all Amy Harmon's book.

5+ Stars. DEFINITELY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment