Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Ranking: 

Title: Frostbite
Series: Vampire Academy, #2

Author: Richelle Mead
Published: April 10, 2008
WHEN LOVE AND JEALOUSY COLLIDE ON THE SLOPES, WINTER BREAK TURNS DEADLY...

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires - the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making Lissa one of them.

Rose has serious guy trouble. Her gorgeous tutor, Dimitri, has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason has a huge crush on her, and she keeps getting stuck in her best friend Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian.


Then a nearby Strigoi attack puts St. Vladimir's on high alert, and the Academy whisks its students away on a mandatory holiday ski trip. But the glittering winter landscape and posh Idaho resort only provide the illusion of safety. When three students run away to strike back against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. Only this time, Rose - and her heart - are in more danger than she ever could have imagined...

This sequel deserves a solid 5 stars. The storyline had an interesting new plot and interesting new characters that I think will be joining us until the last series of this book. There are sudden death and unexpected event, and I really cried a lot after I read this book. I never expect him to die. Not yet, not now when I was just starting to take notice of how cute his character is. And I swear I really cried with Rose with that sad scene. And I still can’t believe he was dead. *Sigh*

This sequel include Rose first Strigoi kill. And I honestly did not expect it to be that way. I was actually expecting a more badass kill. But I think given with the event, it was more than a revenge why she was able to kill Strigoi’s.

I was actually thinking about Moroi’s combining with Damphirs. Moroi’s have magic, manipulating elements that makes up a good advantage in a fight. And I was really glad that the Author have the same idea as me. I feel like all those powers are not left in to waste. I just love the idea of Moroi’s fighting for themselves and not depending with Damphirs that much. I am really excited which book will have this kind of fighting scenes wherein Morori and Damphirs are all out on war against Strigoi. And I feel so excited! Hell! I wanted to savor that moment when it happens. Hahahahha.


Compared with other Moroi, Lissa has a very rare ablility that no other Moroi has. Now, Adrian being introduced in this book makes the plot more complicated and more thrilling than ever. I was really glad, there is someone who can actually help Lissa to hone her own powers. Yiii! It just makes me more excited for the next book after this!


0 comments:

Post a Comment