Ancient Magic [eARC]

Ranking:
Title: Ancient Magic
Series: Dragons Gift: The Huntress, #1
Author: Linsey Hall
Expected publication: April 6, 2016
I’m good at two things: finding treasure and killing demons. Lying low is a close third—but not because I want to be good at hiding. I have to be. I’m a FireSoul, one of the unlucky few to inherit a piece of the dragon’s soul. Being born with the dragon’s covetousness should be a sweet gig - I have the power to find and steal any type of treasure, including the powers of other supernaturals.

But it doesn’t come without a price - stealing powers requires that I kill, and others would destroy me if they discover what I am. In a world full of magic, hiding my species is the only way to survive. Finding magical artifacts is the only way to pay the bills. It’s a dangerous job when you can barely use your magic, but that’s one of the things I like about it.

When Aidan Merrick, the most powerful shifter in the city, hired me to find an ancient scroll, I didn’t want to take the job. His immense amount of power reminds me of too much of murky memories from a past I can’t remember. But I don’t have a choice. The scroll reveals what I am. And if anyone finds out, I’m dead.
This is my first book from Linsey Hall. And I am so glad that I picked this one for an eARC from Netgalley. And thank you Netgalley for this! The story is so engaging. And I really did not want to put it down but I have a lot of things to finish at work and I can't seem to find time to read. But Yey! I finally got 3 hours of free time and I was able to finish it in record time.

This book is definitely a go, go for those who are into a  teens/YA than romance and sci-fi fans. The story line and how Linsey writes is so easy to catch up you won't have a hard time picturing the details of the story. I instantly fell in love with the 3 girls: Cassiopeia, Phoenix and Delphinus. I just love their friendship despite of the mystery that surrounds their past. So the story began when all three of them woke up in America with no memory of who they are, where they come from, and what the caused their memory to be wiped/blocked out. What only remains in their memory is that they are a FireSouls. A kind of power wherein they inherit a piece of the dragon’s soul. It gives them the the power to steal the powers of other supernaturals but then they have to kill. Wanting to survive and hide their powers to a society that can potentially kill them and imprisoned them, they decided to hide their powers and live life together. Until Aidan Merrick comes along. A Multi-millionaire, drop dead gorgeous Origin, a rare and powerful shape shifter and someone who can control all the elements came into Cass's door steps. He is seeking a scroll that has lists of all the most powerful beings in their world, including Cass and her sisters.

I just love how the romance tend to flow at this book, there was good chemistry between the two and I was really hoping for that kiss to happen. And when they finally did? Men! I can't stop giggling and I don't know why. I guess their chemistry hit me so hard!:)

Well moving on, I just love the world building of the book. It has an interesting plot and
a very unique magic. A dragon magic to be specific. Not a lot of book has a Dragon theme and it is kind of refreshing to finally have a book without confusing it to other books (which happens to me like.. ALL THE TIME). So yeah another reason why YA out there should grab this book and read them.

The book has an open ending but not a cliffhanger. And I'm already looking forward for the next sequel. I was already thinking how Cass and Aidan will be able to surpass the palpable chemistry between them after knowing that Aidan will be training Cass to be able to control her Firesoul power. Yey! I'm giggling again. Hahahhaha. I just can't really contain my feeling.

After this book. I am hoping to have my hands full with Linsey Hall's other books. I would really love to drown myself with more books from her. Definitely a must read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment