Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova

Ranking:
Title: Air Awakens
Series: Air Awakens , #1
Author: Elise Kova
Published: August 27, 2015
A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable magic bond...

The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.

Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.

Oh my! I can't explain how I felt after reading this book.But I'll try not to gush about some things and spoil some stuff of how amazing this book is.

First, what really caught my attention is how gorgeous the cover is. Being a sucker for books, I can say that the cover is definitely the first thing that triggers my interest. 
When I read the teaser, I was really curious and I have this nagging feeling in me that this might be good. 

- A library Apprentice, a heroine who loves to read!(Definitely a YES!)
- A Dark Prince (Sounds like Badass for me)
- AND WELL, ELEMENTAL MAGIC! YES! YES! YES!

And boy, It exceeded my expectations.I couldn't even put it down. The pace of the story is interesting. There are rollercoaster of emotions. There are no dull moments. Once I started the few chapters, I didn’t want to stop! 

So I breezed through chapter after chapter without realizing I was done.The story is very captivating.Elise created a world you can lose yourself in, and forget about other things. And the plot will surely stays with you.

Characters. I just love how strong the characters are. I feel like there are no room for coward people in this book, If you think a library apprentice is a meek, and weak kind of character? Well the answer is NO. Definitely NOT. She's definitely a character you will love after reading this. And Prince Aldrik, Oh my! I think I'm falling for the gentle side of the Dark Prince. Yes! Not the Golden boy after all. But the imposing, dark and over control freak Prince Aldrik. (Swoon-fan girl mode) 

Plot. The flow of the story is also the best thing about this book. Elise did not overwhelm me in terms of how things works in the story. Vhalla had started as a library apprentice, and just like me, I was learning bit by bit about the sorcerers world together with Vhalla. Its like learning the eyes of the character itself. And its really fantastic. Only a few books can do this to me. So I really commend Elise for the good job. :)

The Power. The book talks about Magic. But in this book, its specifically sorcerers who can wield the ELEMENTS (Fire, Water, Earth and Air). If you can remember the Anime The Magic Knight Rayearth, and loved it, You will also love this. 
So, even if I wanted to tell you how much this book is a MUST READ for Young Adults out there, I can't. Because. I'm still grasping for how perfect this book is for me. So just grab it. READ. AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.


0 comments:

Post a Comment