Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

Ranking:

Title: Eternal Kiss of Darkness
Series: Night Huntress World , #2

Author: Jeaniene Frost
Published: July 27, 2010
An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness . . . And now one woman has stumbled into the shadows. 

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears, this fearless, beautiful . . . human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction. 

I really adore Jeaniene Frost. And I just finished reading “This side of the Grave - (Night Huntress #5)”, when I stumble upon Mencheres having his own spin off story. I know a lot of you were also intrigued how is it like for a Master of all Vampires to fall in love, locked in an awful marriage for centuries to his Bitch Ex-wife will he ever find a chance for true love? Time to find out.

Mencheres. Intimidating, Powerful, and Extremely old Vampire. His character was always been clouded with Mystery in the Night Huntress Series. But I think after reading this book, I can say that he was a TOTAL jaw dropper. And Oh! Did I ever mention he was actually Hot? Hahaha. Who would have thought that a thousand year vampire could be this Hot. Not to mention, their smoldering ceiling sex in the book. It really made my day. Hahahha! Hell Yeah! LOL

I enjoyed Kira’s character, I was almost at awe of her similarity with Cat. But Cat’s more fiercer, and Kira is more about having the “Guts”. I just love how she tried to start the game of “FLIRTING” until Mencheres surrenders his emotions and feelings towards Kira. And it wasn’t that long til’ Mencheres fell for it. Although there are times in the first chapter that I was really annoyed with his nobleness toward Kira, being used to Bone’s roughness toward Cat makes him a little bit dull for me. But, I think I was able to accept the gentleness he have for Kira and ruthlessness he had for those who hurt the people who he cared for. So yeah, I started to love his character now. The romance was fast pace, there are no certain tortuous moments. Maybe that is the reason why I just love this book compared to the first spin off novel story of Spade. The character chosen by Jeaniene definitely complemented each other.

“Tell me again what your mentor’s credo was?” He asked, though he remembered her answer before.“Save one Life”, Kira said softly.Menchres drew her into his arms. “You did,” He whispered before his mouth claimed hers. “You saved mine”.

So, what am I thinking right now after this book? After reading the spin off story of Mencheres, I am now wondering if it will be Vlad’s story I should be starting soon. But after searching it in Goodreads, I was sad that the whole trilogy was not yet complete. So I guess I’ll be waiting for the third book to come out. It was really a pain in the ass to read the first 2 books and wait for the last one to come out especially if it’s a damn cliffhanger. *Haha*


0 comments:

Post a Comment