The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Ranking:

Title: The Iron Queen

Series: The Iron Fey , #3

Author: Julie Kagawa
My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

After reading this book, I was inevitably speechless and crying. Oh My God! I still can’t contain my feelings right now. I am actually having a hard time attempting to make a review for this. But here you go. Just bear with me okay?

First, The Characters. If you think you already know who the allies are and who the enemies are, maybe you should start questioning yourself. In this book we got to see the different side of the characters. Ash and Meghan, continuously changed to a more matured persona. We are also able to see a different side of Queen Mab. It might be just a second, but I’m sure readers felt it too, she loved Ash. She might not be vocal about it, but she sure love and care for her son. I believe all the characters left a very strong impression among its readers. Puck, well he was still the same-old-prunkster. Although there are moments that I actually felt bad for him. I love his character, from the very start and until the end of this book. He was so cool and very selfless. I was actually looking forward of his own story too. Haha! Hey Julie! You might want to make another series for Puck! ^^,

Second. The Plot. This installment has all the exhilarating fighting scenes.There are sudden changes in events that made this book unpredictable yet so perfect.

Third. The Moments. This book definitely has all the heart-breaking moments. Including the some touching dialogues.
“Let it be known—from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on…” His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. “I am yours.” --- Excerpt From: Kagawa, Julie. “The Iron Queen.”

I usually find myself drifting after the painful ending. And I was looking forward what will happen in the last installment.
“Ashallyn’darkmyr Tallyn,” I said, and he closed his eyes, “by the power of your True Name, leave the Iron Realm right now.” I turned my head so I wouldn’t see him, forcing out the last words. “And don’t come back.
A soft noise, almost a sob. Ash rose, hesitated, as if fighting the compulsion to obey. “I will always be your knight, Meghan Chase,” he whispered in a strained voice, as if every moment he remained was painful to him. “And I swear, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it. No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won’t stop until I find you, I promise.”
Fourth. The Friendship. This is basically what I wanted to share. I am so touched how this book was able to capture the friendship that was actually established between the characters. Ash, Meghan, Puck and Grimalkin.
“We sat there, the four of us, talking quietly or just basking in the silence, watching the night sky. I didn’t see any falling stars, but if I had, I would’ve wished my dad be kept safe, that Ash and Puck would survive the coming war, and that somehow, we all would come out of this okay. If wishes were horses. I knew better. Fairy godmothers didn’t exist, and even if they did, they wouldn’t wave a magic wand and make everything better. (Not without a contract, anyway.) Besides, I had something better than a fairy godmother; I had my faery knight, my faery trickster, and my faery cat, and that was enough.”--Excerpt From: Kagawa, Julie. “The Iron Queen.”

Overall, this book is definitely a worth read. Like what other book reviewers said, this book deserves more than a 5 stars. Damn! It actually deserve 100 stars if your going to ask me. Still having doubts on reading this? Well your missing a lot of fun. That. I can assure you. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment