The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Ranking: 

Title: The Iron King

Series: The Iron Fey , #4

Author: Julie Kagawa
My name - my True Name - is Ashallayn’ darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…
To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.

Then Meghan Chase - a half human, half fey slip of a girl - smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.

With the unwelcome company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end - a quest to find a way to honor his vow to stand by Meghan's side.

To survive in the Iron Realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. And along the way Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.
This book is far way different than the first three books. Why? Because this book is purely base on Ash’s point of view (Well except for the last chapter). But to set aside all this, this book is amazing like the previous books. Here, I was able to peer into Ash’s thoughts. He was actually all but mysterious to me from the previous books. So it was very refreshing when I found out that it was based on Ash’s POV.

Well the story started from the moment Ash was exiled from the Iron realm. Promising Meghan to return for her, he made his journey along the river of dreams to the end of the world to attain a human soul. I admit, there are moments when I fear his feeling for Meghan will falter, especially when someone from his past was actually alive. Apart from Ash’s journey, I was also happy to see Ash and Puck as friends, they do argue a lot, but still the strong bond is there, the strong - camaraderie was there, that no matter how they strongly deny it, and no matter how they always say they will kill each other, they still have each other’s back. And yeah, they did separate their ways in good terms.

So, I don’t really have a lot of things to say about this book, I just wanted to commend Julie for a job well done on how she ended the series. I find it brilliant and amazing how she was able to make a happily ever after for Meghan and Ash’s love story. What I’m looking forward to is to have Puck’s own story! So please, make a series for Puck too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment