The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Ranking:

Title: The Iron King

Series: The Iron Fey , #1

Author: Julie Kagawa

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
Okay, So I’ve been hearing a lot of good feedbacks about this book, and a lot of good ratings is what pushed me to read this as well. I admit that I wasn’t that fond ofFaery stories, because admit it, it wasn’t that easy to imagine the creatures that are being mentioned in here. I always found myself in Google, finding pictures that can make my imaginations more vivid. The book might have taken a lot of effort from me but still, THIS BOOK LITERALLY ROCKS! So YES! I love it! The moment I started it, I can’t hardly put it down It was like I was entice by it.

So here the Checklist why this book is definitely a MUST READ :

 The story was definitely ENTERTAINING. There was never a dull moment in this. I found myself enjoying it pages after pages. The story doesn’t only evolve in the Faery land but it also make a certain turning point where human world is being explored. Somehow in the middle of everything, there is way and path that connects human world to faery land. So Yes, you won’t find yourself totally stocked in just one setting. You will find yourself making a journey towards 2 different worlds. And it was totally entertaining.

Summer Court and Winter Court? Okay, I definitely don’t have any idea about this two things. But it was actually how the Faery land was being divided. Like Yin Yang, if you know what I mean. So, unlike any other Faery books, I never encountered an IRON KINGDOM where the changes and advancement of human world makes it peak of changes on the beliefs of humans to Faery things. So Yes, I think the existent of the Faery creatures is solely based on the legends and strong belief of humans that they actually exist, that made up there existent. So there is an added kind to faery land, can I say an IRON COURT? Hahhahhaa.. So just to sum it up, another Antagonist are being set up to make the story more unique compared to other Faery books out there.  There was SO much going on! But in a good way, and  considering the circumstances, could be the IRON KINGDOM be an ENEMY til’ the end of this series?? Nah, I have no idea, perhaps I will tell you after I read the whole series. *wink*

THE ROMANCE. Okay, I know some of you are waiting for what the book has for the romantic at heart people out there. And I can say it was actually twisted. This may seem redundant, but there is an EDWARD-BELLA-JACOB kind of love in here. So Yes, a love triangle in did, but not that kind of love at all. It was kind of love that is actually prohibited, the Romeo and Juliet kind of love where both protagonist are torn between the beliefs and rules of the two kingdoms. Ash from Winter Court and Meghan from Summer Court, how could their love survive if they are actually from two different court? The answer? I DON’T KNOW. So don’t ask me. Please. As far I know, I’m also eager to find out how this love story will end. Hahhahaha.

THE CHARACTERS. Well, I must commend JK for a good job of making every character stand out. All are being given their own moments to be appreciated and be hated by the readers. For Meghan, Well I actually felt sorry for her for being blind for so long, and be dragged in a Faery world because she needs to rescue her younger brother. But I can’t say Meghan was my favorite character in here. I actually find her annoying at times because of her lock of powers to defend herself. It was just so hard for me to like her, but in the end, I was actually making an interest in her after what she was able to do and accomplish for herself. She was actually making a progress, but still clueless at her abilities can really do. ASH. the third son of MOB (the queen of the Winter Court) and an enemy to the Summer Court. He was totally mysterious for me. Well, considering he was an Ice prince, he was totally cold, and had this expression of blankness in him. But he was actually lovable, I actually don’t like him at first but as the story unveils itself, I was starting to fall for him. :D PUCK a.k.a ROBIN GOODFELLOW, Meghan’s Bestfriend and Protector. His character was actually my favorite, A rule breaker, definitely a fun person to be with who loves to make jokes out of everyone, he maybe sarcastic and funny  at times but he was totally dangerous like Ash. GRIMALKIN the Cheshire-like cat whom I adored so much! I must say he was actually the true hero in this book. He collects bargains, and promises. He knows a lot of secret, and it’s because….

"I am a cat," purred Grimalkin.

Seriously?! It was kinda’ annoying at times, But I can’t help but laugh every time he says that.. LOL

 I just want to mention how I love the book’s cover. It was totally AWESOME . Totally lovely isn’t it? HAHHAHA. I am really guilty of being a judgemental person in terms of a book covers. Cause, I honestly suck when it comes to beautiful covers. Because it was actually what captures my interest at first when I pick books from a bookstore. Oh come on! I know you have moments like that. Don’ deny it. Hahhahaha.. :D But I must guarantee this, aside from a beautiful cover, it also has a very amazing story. So don’t you worry. Pick it up and take it home, read it and find out what I was trying to say. *Wink*


0 comments:

Post a Comment