Incubus by Jennifer Quintenz [eARC]

Ranking:
Title: Incubus
Series: Daughters of Lilith, #2
Author: Jennifer Quintenz
Expected publication: June 21, 2013
Braedyn Murphy used to think nothing important ever happened in her sleepy town of Puerto Escondido. But that was before she learned she was a descendent of Lilith, the mother of all demons. Now Braedyn fights to protect humanity from the Lilitu - the beautiful, souls-stealing daughters of Lilith.

As she fights the Lilitu, Braedyn must also fight her growing love for her boyfriend Lucas - because even a simple kiss could end his life. Their only ray of hope is an angel’s offer to make Braedyn human, but it’s an offer she can’t accept until the world is safe from the Lilitu.

Braedyn knows she’s a key player in this ancient war... but she’s not ready to believe she just might be humanity’s best hope of surviving the final battle for Earth.

I was really confused with the sudden turn of events in here. One moment I knew who the enemies are, but then, there are those who are not what you think they were. It was a little bit frustrating for me, because with the first 10 chapters, I was really a little bit bored. I was actually afraid that I won't be able to finish this book, but after the 12th chapter, the story started to kick-up. The story started to be way too interesting to put down. And I just realized I was able to finish it no time.

The whole idea about the INCUBUS, was a way lot interesting. I love how the author made sure that the second book won't be focusing with the same LILITU thing again. But to the male counter-part of the Lilitus. The INCUBUS. So yes, even the pace of the story was a little bit slow for me, the plot and twist of the story was enough for me to finish it until the end. And I am really excited what the third book. ^_^

The only thing that bothers me about this book is that the characters didn't matured at all. I was really hoping that the characters will be more matured enough to make their own decisions for themselves. And be given the opportunity to kick into action like some Guards was doing. It was kinda annoying how the main characters was being kept at bay by those adults in the story. And what really annoyed me with this book is the adults sense of superiority towards the young ones. Seriously?! What's with all the: THEM DECIDING IT ALL BY THEMSELVES. It really annoyed me until the end that I wanted to punch them all. If we're Breadyn. I would have done that. 8 fucking days and she will be stocked being a Lilitu for 20 more years! And If worse happens, have the same life she has now. Crap! I was really dissappointed with his Father (Murphy) I can't help but realize he was kinda selfish about this whole thing. It was kinda ironic for him to force Breadyn to have a normal life as common teens have. But seriously?! She can't' while this war threatens to brake loose. But then, I think the adults mostly comes with right decision. *sigh* Still, I'm hoping I will be able to know how the series will continue. Guess I just need to wait to for the next sequel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment