Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Ranking:
Title: Slammed
Series: Slammed, #1
Author: Colleen Hoover
Published: January 5, 2012
Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.

You will be surprised that I am not really into contemporary romance, but this book gained a very high rating from me and that only proves how this book is absolutely good! I absolutely enjoyed the poetry, I was skeptical at first because I am really not a fan of poetry but I guess this book is an exception after all. Each poem has a story and related to the characters, so no crappy poem just for the fun of the book.

This book definitely has depth in it. The Romance, the whole slam poetry it really hooked me up. Never in my dreams did I realize I'll be craving for more poetry, but I think I just realize how powerful words can be, how every emotions can be plotted into paper and create a very beautiful, sad, and heart wrenching words.

I think the turning point of this book is the ending itself, It was really the first time that I wasn't disappointed of a sad ending (not totally). In fact the story will makes you laugh and cry at the same time. The plot was beautifully created. I would never be suprised if this book become a motion picture itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment