Die for Me by Amy Plum

Ranking:

Title: Die for Me

Series: Revenants , #1

Author: Amy Plum

Published: May 10, 2011
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again. 

SUPER LOVE this book! I must say that Amy Plum was able to bring a new form of hero "revenant thing" for me, with all those supernatural stuff, this is the first book that I encountered this kind of plot. The set up was fairly original/unique. Here the reason I love this book:

1. The plot is so Unique, that you will keep on guessing what he is. (coz' honestly I hate reading teasers/plot, it spoils the fun of reading and finishing the book.)

2. The Hero is romantic, they say Chivalry is dead. But not at thhis book.. :) lol I think you know what I mean.. just read it and you will found out why..

3. The story is so simple. I mean the tragic accident of Kate's Family. And how she and her sister suffered for loosing both of their parents. And how they separately cope up with themselves.

4. The Heroine (Kate) is unlike other heroine wherein they need to be protected by their partners. She is smart, witty and strong.

5. The ending is fairly good. It won't keep you hanging of what will happen next that sometimes it makes me depressed, Duh? I'm gonna wait for how many months before next sequel was released.


Here are some of the favorite parts that makes my heart speed up:

"In one corner stood a massive four-poster bed hung with translucent white cloth. I walked toward it to take a closer look. Through the gauzy fabric I could see the shape of of a man lying on the bed. My heart froze...."

Heck! When I read this part I was thinking... "what is it?" hahhahahha! okay lets continue.

Not daring to breathe, I pulled the curtain aside.
"It was Vincent. He was lying above the covers, fully clothed, on his back with his arms to his sides. And he didn't look like he was sleeping. He looked like he was dead.... "

Nice! Know he's dead.. So what is he? That was the question I was asking myself when I read that part. Maybe it was also the reason why I kept on reading it until the end. What I can say is.. I'll be definitely looking for the next sequel of this book. Read this guys! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment